Informed Consent and Assumption of Risk
(To be executed by Participants under the Age of Majority)
WARNING! By signing this document, you will assume certain risks and responsibilities. Please read carefully
- This is a binding legal agreement. Clarify any questions or concerns before signing. As a Participant in the spectating, orientation, instruction, activities, programs, and services (collectively the “Activities) of Racquetball Canada, its Provincial/Territorial Racquetball Associations, and/or Racquetball Clubs (collectively the “Organization”), the undersigned, being the Participant and the Participant’s Parent/Guardian (collectively the “Parties”), acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document.
Description of Risks
- The Parties understand and acknowledge that:
- The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; and
- The Organization has a difficult task to ensure safety and it is not infallible. The Organization may be unaware of the Participant’s fitness or abilities, may give incomplete warnings or instructions, may misjudge weather or environmental conditions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- The Participant is participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of that participation, the Parties hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques;
- Vigorous physical exertion, strenuous cardiovascular workouts and rapid movements;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
- The failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render the Participant permanently paralyzed;
- Serious injury to virtually all bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and other aspects of the Participant’s body or to the Participant’s general health and well-being;
- Abrasions, sprains, strains, fractures, or dislocations;
- Concussion or other head injuries, including but not limited to, closed head injury or blunt head trauma;
- Physical contact with other participants, spectators, equipment, the court, and hazards;
- Not wearing appropriate safety equipment;
- Failure to act safely or within the Participant’s ability or within designated areas;
- Equipment failure;
- Negligence of other persons, including other spectators, participants, or employees; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the Organization’s Activities
- In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate in the Activities, the Parties agree:
- That the Participant’s mental and physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities and the Parties assume all risks related to the Participant’s mental or physical condition;
- To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities;
- To comply with the rules of the facility and equipment;
- That if the Participant observes an unusual significant hazard or risk, the Participant will remove themselves from participation and bring such to the attention of an Organization representative immediately;
- The risks associated with the Activities are increased when the Participant is impaired and the Participant agrees not to participate if impaired in any way;
- That it is their sole responsibility to assess whether any Activities are too difficult for the Participant. By the Participant commencing an Activity, they acknowledge and accept the suitability and conditions of the Activity; and
- That they are responsible for the choice of the Participant’s safety equipment and the secure fitting of the safety equipment.
- The Parties acknowledge that they have read this agreement and understand it, that they have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this Agreement is to be binding upon themselves, their heirs, their spouses, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.
By typing in your name as participant below, your name as your parent/guardian below and clicking the “We Agree” icon, the Parties agree to be bound this Legal Agreement.